File a Grievance
Types of Grievances Accepted
The Accessible Housing Program (AcHP) will accept and investigate Grievances related to housing accessibility and discrimination based on disability in regards to:
- Any of the Covered Housing Developments, including owner or property management actions;
- Housing programs and services offered in Covered Housing Developments;
- Denial of reasonable accommodations and modifications or denial of a unit, accessible or otherwise, in a Covered Housing Development;
- Accessible Housing Registry website
- LAHD's program to provide accessibility and require compliance with applicable law and policies related to disability and accessibility in Covered Housing Developments;
- The City’s implementation of the Settlement Agreement in the lawsuit Independent Living Center of Southern California, et al. vs. City of Los Angeles (United States District Court Case CV12-0551).
Instructions and Methods on How to Submit a Grievance
Grievances may be submitted using the online form or by downloading and submitting the form via email or U.S. mail to the address below.
- Email Address:
Accessible Housing Program, Grievance
221 N. Figueroa St. #1400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Phone Number:
- (213) 808-8550
- Due to technological changes, if TTY is needed to contact us, please use Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) such as Text-to-Voice TTY-based TRS, Speech-to-Speech Relay Service, Shared Non-English Language Relay Services, Captioned Telephone Service; IP Captioned Telephone Service, Internet Protocol Relay Service, or Video Relay Service or dial 711.
- Email Address:
The use of the Grievance Form is preferred, but not required. If another format is used, please include all of the information in the Grievance Form.